GPS/GPX extraction from Vantrue N4 Dashcam

Started by borism, January 16, 2023, 07:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borism

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the awesome tool! Quick feature request:

GPX extraction doesn't seem to be working from videos taken with the Vantrue N4 dashcam (which is a popular dashcam and the wirecutter choice as well).

I shared a sample video file with your gmail address (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQIs-W9vqTP7FroC0L03R2hssF7-4yH_/view?usp=sharing). You can see that the video file has GPS data by playing it with the Vantrue player.

I think you had done some work to support Vantrue in the past, and would be awesome if you could add GPX extraction support for this popular model as well.

Thank you so much!

Phil Harvey

I got the sample.  I should be able to add support for this in the next release.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

borism

Thank you so much Phil, really appreciate it - thank you for the amazingly quick reply, and looking forward to the next release of ExifTool :)

Phil Harvey

I'm hoping to get it out later today.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

borism

Amazing. Thank you Phil. I can confirm that it worked perfectly in Exiftool release 12.55!