Not able to put datetime in '-timestamp' tag

Started by capdillon, September 04, 2021, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capdillon

Hi legends,
i am trying to add or replace timestamp on a heic file taken by samsung mobile camera. i want to add one hour to timestamp of image but i am not able to do that however when i put plain interger in the parameter like
"exiftool -timestamp='INTEGERVALUE' FILENAME.
it is working properly. but in original file the timestamp value is in datetime format.
when i put datetime value i get an error saying
"Warning: Not an integer for XMP-apple-fi:TimeStamp"

anyone help

StarGeek

According to the XMP-fi entries, that entry is supposed to be an integer only.  If this is how it was set directly from the camera, then Phil might appreciate a sample image when he gets back in a few weeks.

It also looks like that tag cannot be overridden using the -n (--printConv) option, which often works in cases like this.

This will probably require attention from Phil when he gets back.  As I said, a sample image would be helpful.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

capdillon

Hi stargeek,
thankyou very much for your reply. i have attached an image file

StarGeek

Ah, I see now.  It's not the XMP-apple-fi tag, it's a Samsung Makernotes tag.  As shown on the table in that link, exiftool cannot edit this tag.

The reason why your command to set TimeStamp to an integer was because it was setting a completely different tag.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

capdillon

Hi Stargeek,
thanks for your response.
is there anyother tool you know that can do that without currupting files?

StarGeek

Unlikely.  That is an very obscure tag and there probably isn't another program out there that even knows of its existance.  To be honest, I wouldn't even worry about it as you won't see it unless you look at the file with exiftool.