Rename files depending on difference between exif date and a given date

Started by Gainor, January 23, 2017, 06:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Hi Fulco,

Thanks.  I have patched the config file to hopefully fix this problem.  Attached is the new version.

But you should be getting brackets around the returned value if the birthday is not specified or comes after the photo date/time.  (also, you can drop the "-userparam birthday=" from your command if no birthday is given)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Fulco

Hello Phil,

Without the -q -q options I don't get the warning messages anymore ;D I removed the brackets from the config file myself. Does it effect the calculation? If so, I will restore them.

MacBook-Air-van-Fulco:~ Fulco$ exiftool -config /Users/Fulco/Downloads/age.config -p 'Age of photo       : $Age' -execute -p 'Age person on photo: $Age' -userparam birthday="2000:07:02 18:28" -age -common_args /Users/Fulco/Pictures/Test/20160702_182802.jpg
Age of photo       : 00:06:23 03:21:16
Age person on photo: 16:00:00 00:00

Thanks again!

- Fulco

Phil Harvey

Nope, the brackets don't affect anything.  I was just wondering if it was working properly.  Sounds like it is.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).