-sourcefile > .csv error

Started by _rach_, July 04, 2019, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_rach_

Hello guys,

i m on Debian 10 stable,

exiftool -ver 11.16

there is a bug when export the tag -sourcefile on .csv, its seems to a problem with UPPER/UNDERcase detection and some character added before the path.

o/

Phil Harvey

Can you show me the steps I would need to reproduce this problem?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

_rach_

cd /myDESTdirectory
exiftool -SourceFile /mySRCdirectory/ > myfile.csv

:)

Phil Harvey

I can't reproduce this with ExifTool 11.16 on redhat linux:

$ Image-ExifTool-11.16/exiftool -sourcefile mySRCdirectory/ > out.txt
$ cat out.txt
======== mySRCdirectory/b.jpg
======== mySRCdirectory/a.jpg
    1 directories scanned
    2 image files read
$ uname -r
2.6.32-754.11.1.el6.x86_64

But note that this command will not produce any output since there is no SourceFile tag.

Also, I couldn't use a top-level directory name because I don't have root permission to create one on this system.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

_rach_

oooh! my bad, its not an error, its a bad [option].
The good code is:
exiftool -a -sourcefile -csv ./  > file.csv

very sorry Phil

this topic must be moved ...

Phil Harvey

OK, great.  Glad you figured it out.  I'll leave the topic here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

- Phil