Out of memory, GPS data, large video file

Started by samuelhope9, September 23, 2019, 12:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelhope9

When trying to view or extract the GPS data from a large .mp4 file from an insta360 pro2 i get an out out of memory error.

The video file is 27.3 gb, 17.44 minutes at 30 fps.

My normal GPS data extraction method is:
exiftool.exe -ee -n -p "$sampletime,$gpslatitude,$gpslongitude,$gpsaltitude" "File.mp4" > "Out.csv"

In cmd and gui I have also tried:
exiftool.exe -k -ee "File.mp4"

Also have tried outputting to different file types. It seems any command with the -ee argument causes an out of memory error with this video. Is there any way I can get the gps data without -ee? Any way to fix the out of memory error? Also I already have 64gb of ram.

Any help is appreciated.

StarGeek

This may be the known problem dated 2013-04-21.  You might trying installing perl and using the pure perl version rather than the Windows exe.

Other than that, the author has been on vacation, but should be back this week and may be able to comment further.  I'd suggest hitting the "Notify" button in the upper right corner of this thread to get an email when there's a response.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

samuelhope9

Thank you Thank you. Using the Perl version has sorted it.
I never found it in the problems page because i was just searching for "out of memory"