Would love to donate, but hate paypal. Would you accept Bitcoin please?

Started by Timothy, January 29, 2020, 09:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Dear Phil, as a happy long term user of your excellent software I'd love to express my gratefulness not only verbally but also in monetary form.

However I tend to avoid Paypal like the plague. Would you please consider accepting Bitcoin donations as well?

Maybe you'd be open to the idea but not familiar with Bitcoin yet, and don't want to waste any time on sorting it out (as I assume you'd rather spend your time and effort on working on Exiftool). In that case I'd be happy to post a very short, clear, brief, simple step-to-step explanation that will allow you to have a Bitcoin donation address on your website in literally under 3 minutes.

Thanks for your consideration!

Phil Harvey

HI Timothy,

Thanks for the offer, but your appreciation is enough.  Contributions are welcome but not necessary, and I understand if you don't like using PayPal.  Personally, I would prefer not to have to deal with bitcoins unless I get more people who want to donate via this method.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Timothy

Fully understand, and thanks for the feedback

To any other Exiftool & Bitcoin lovers out there: if you want to donate bitcoins as well, let it know. Would be great to move some sats towards Phil's wallet ;)

Cheers!