WarningInfo object (27 0 obj) not found at offset xxxxx

Started by Jonas, April 06, 2020, 12:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas

Hi,

My first topic here.

I got the error message =>  "Warning   Info object (27 0 obj) not found at offset" when processing pdf-files created from xls to pdf with the application Microsoft: Print to PDF.

Found this old post from august 2017 https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=8509.0. I'm running the latest version 11.93 on a Win 10 system.

Thanks for a great application!

Best regards
Jonas

Phil Harvey

Ooops.  It looks like I dropped the ball on this one.

With the -v option, do you get an "Object was freed" warning like the sample attached to the post you referenced?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Jonas

Phil,

Yes, with the -v option i get "Object was freed". Next step?

Jonas

Phil Harvey

Hi Jonas,

OK, thanks.  I just wanted to be sure that you had the same problem as the one reported in the other thread.

I can reproduce this problem here, and it will be fixed in ExifTool 11.94 when it is released.

Thanks for the bug report!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

The problem occurs because the pointer in the cross-reference table written by the Microsoft software doesn't point directly to the referenced object.  Instead, it points to the line before the object.  So I will patch ExifTool to skip leading blank lines, which should solve the problem.

- Phil

Jonas