change format of GPS in frm file

Started by Raffie77, May 09, 2020, 07:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffie77

Hello,

I have this format script:

#[HEAD]Filename,FileSize,ImageSize,DateTimeOriginal,Megapixels,Make,Model,Aperture,Shutterspeed,ISO,ExposureCompensation,MeteringMode,WhiteBalance,GPSPosition,Flash,FocalLengthIn35mmFormat,Software
$Filename,$FileSize,$ImageSize,$DateTimeOriginal,$Megapixels,$Make,$Model,f/$Aperture,${Shutterspeed}s,$ISO,$ExposureCompensation,$MeteringMode,$WhiteBalance,$GPSPosition,$Flash,$FocalLengthIn35mmFormat,$Software
#[TAIL]

and the output of the GPSPosition is something like: 00 deg ... N, 6 deg etc
how dow I change this to something like: 52.0000000, 6.000000 notation?

Phil Harvey

Add -c %.7f to the command for something like "52.0000000 W".  Or -c %+.7f for "-52.0000000".

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Raffie77

oh great, it looks much better now.
Thanks a lot Phil

benvolio

When I run

exiftool -c %.6f -GPSLatitude=52.300000 -GPSLatitudeRef=52.300000 path\to\image\file

Then right-click on my image->Properties->Details, I get a Latitude with value "52; 17; 60". Instead, I would rather that it show a value of "52.300000". Not sure why this is not working. How can I change this?

Thanks, in advance, for any of your help.

StarGeek

This is just how Windows (I assume) displays the information. It's not something you can change. You would have to alter Windows itself in order to change the display.

The data is stored only one way and it's up to individual programs to decide what format to display it in.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

benvolio