News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Adding timestamp from "4/21/2020 20:06" Format?

Started by newoski, May 24, 2020, 05:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newoski

Hi,

I have an excel file with create times for all my photos in the format below:

4/21/2020 20:06

What command line could I use to replace the existing create/modified date with above?

Thanks!!

StarGeek

How do you plan on doing the update?  Saving to a CSV file?  In that case I would suggest just reformatting the cell to some form of YYYY MM DD HH mm ss (see FAQ #5), saving to the csv, and then undoing the change if you like.  You will need to add a seconds value of some sort.

Otherwise, some more info would be need as to how you're getting from excel to the actual files.  But the object would be to get the format into some form of YYYY MM DD HH mm ss.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

newoski

Quote from: StarGeek on May 24, 2020, 05:47:59 PM
How do you plan on doing the update?  Saving to a CSV file?  In that case I would suggest just reformatting the cell to some form of YYYY MM DD HH mm ss (see FAQ #5), saving to the csv, and then undoing the change if you like.  You will need to add a seconds value of some sort.

Otherwise, some more info would be need as to how you're getting from excel to the actual files.  But the object would be to get the format into some form of YYYY MM DD HH mm ss.

I plan to use the data as part of CSV batch replace

StarGeek

Then my first suggestion would be the best.  Use excel to change the format.  In Libreoffice, I would just right click the column, select format, then look for the appropriate date/time on the list and apply.  I don't have access to excel so I can't advise the best way there.

Save the file as a CSV.  Then you can click undo to return it to its original state if you like.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

newoski

Quote from: StarGeek on May 24, 2020, 07:52:08 PM
Then my first suggestion would be the best.  Use excel to change the format.  In Libreoffice, I would just right click the column, select format, then look for the appropriate date/time on the list and apply.  I don't have access to excel so I can't advise the best way there.

Save the file as a CSV.  Then you can click undo to return it to its original state if you like.

Thanks so much!