Command Not Running

Started by Edwin Ho, July 05, 2020, 01:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwin Ho

I am at my wit's end trying to use lensTagger. I do have this response that Error: 1 - Failed to run the command.

My command line in LR6:

C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\LR Plugins\LensTagger-1.9.1.lrplugin/exiftool

I am not giving up yet! Thank you in anticipation that someone will point me in the right direction.

FYI, I have placed Exiftool in the same folder as LensTagger and I have also removed "-K" from the file name.

StarGeek

Have you tried opening up a CMD window and running it directly?  Something like this to see if it's working right?
"C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\LR Plugins\LensTagger-1.9.1.lrplugin\exiftool"
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Edwin Ho

Quote from: StarGeek on July 05, 2020, 02:11:21 AM
Have you tried opening up a CMD window and running it directly?  Something like this to see if it's working right?
"C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\LR Plugins\LensTagger-1.9.1.lrplugin\exiftool"

Just tried as per suggestion and it is working. Not sure if my path in the command line is correct.

I any case I shall install lenstagger and load exiftool again.

Edwin Ho

I have just downloaded  LensTaggern and exiftool again, but I am still have having the same error message - "Failed to run command".

Not sure if this has caused the problem - exiftool(-k) was renamed exiftool.

My current command line read like this:

C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\LR Plugins\LensTagger-1.9.1.lrplugin/exiftool.

Exiftool is placed in LR Plugins folder.

StarGeek

Try making sure all the slashes are slashes in the tagger
C:\Users\Edwin\Documents\LR Plugins\LensTagger-1.9.1.lrplugin\exiftool

I wouldn't think it would be the problem, but who knows.

Also, if you have antivirus running, make an exception for LR tagger and exiftool to see if that helps.

Otherwise, I don't think there's much that we can do here.  Exiftool works for you, just not from the tagger.  You could try asking the author of Lenstagger.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Edwin Ho

I am pleased to report that the issue is resolved  :D This what I have done:

1. Placed LensTagger and Exiftool in the same drive as I have stored my LR photos which is an external HD.
2. Changed command line in the path to just "exiftool".

I believe this has something to do with the Path, but I am not able to explain as I have little knowledge about the computer system!

Thank you for trying to assist.

StarGeek

Hmmm...  Now I suspect it has to do with the space in the path name.  Putting quotes around the full path might fix it.