patch submission to add QuickTime tags

Started by dae65, July 22, 2020, 05:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dae65

Dear Phil,

Would you accept a patch (attached) to add support to some QuickTime tags to Image::ExifTool, please? These tags are supported by AtomicParsley.

These are new:

Group     ID    Name               Atom
ItemList  ©st3  Subtitle           moov.udta.meta.ilst.©st3.data
ItemList  ©con  Conductor          moov.udta.meta.ilst.©con.data
ItemList  ©sol  Soloist            moov.udta.meta.ilst.©sol.data
ItemList  ©ope  OriginalArtist     moov.udta.meta.ilst.©ope.data
ItemList  ©ard  ArtDirector        moov.udta.meta.ilst.©ard.data
ItemList  ©sne  SoundEngineer      moov.udta.meta.ilst.©sne.data
ItemList  ©xpd  ExecutiveProducer  moov.udta.meta.ilst.©xpd.data
ItemList  sdes  StoreDescription   moov.udta.meta.ilst.sdes.data

The following are already supported by Image::ExifTool. However, AtomicParsley writes them as ItemList tags, whereas Image::ExifTool currently writes them as UserData tags only.

Group     ID    Name               Atom
ItemList  ©arg  Arranger  moov.udta.meta.ilst.©arg.data
ItemList  ©dir  Director  moov.udta.meta.ilst.©dir.data
ItemList  ©prd  Producer  moov.udta.meta.ilst.©prd.data

Please find a diff file attached. I've applied it against version 12.01, and successfully built a deb package using dh-make-perl.

Thanks.

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I'll take a look at this when I get a chance and include it in the next release if everything is OK.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dae65

Phil, do you think you'll be able to include these in the next release? Having read a lot of documentation, code, and forum threads in the past few days, I can say ExifTool is about to become, not only the best and most comprehensive, but also the only complete MP4 tag writer there is.

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dae65

dae65

Dear Phil,

I noticed those new QuickTime tags were added to the Keys, instead of ItemList group. I was wondering why. Would you move them to the ItemList group, please? The previously existing IDs in the Keys table don't even look like ©con, ©st3, etc.

Thank you.

Phil Harvey

Ooops.  Sorry.  I'll fix this.  Cut-n-paste error. :(

- Phil