Main Menu

GPS Equiv

Started by tdavid66, September 03, 2020, 04:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdavid66

My googly kml files have tilt, heading and range in the xml.  What would be the exiftool equivalent?

jcharmon

Most cameras won't record that data; if they don't, you'll need to add it in software. There's a set of GPS destination tags that includes destination coordinates and direction. See https://exiftool.org/TagNames/GPS.html for the current list. I'm not sure about tilt.

Phil Harvey

Tilt?  Which axis is that?  EXIF just added a new CameraElevationAngle if that would do.  For heading, either GPSImgDirection or GPSTrack from the GPS tags linked by jcharmon.  For range , I don't know.  SubjectDistance maybe?  (See the  EXIF tags.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jcharmon

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 14, 2020, 09:32:40 PM
For range , I don't know.  SubjectDistance maybe?  (See the  EXIF tags.)
I think range would have to be calculated in software based on the location difference between GPSLatitude/GPSLongitude and GPSDestLatitude/GPSDestLongitude.
In most cases that I know about, SubjectDistance (i.e., 'focus distance' if I recall correctly) would usually be less than ~50 meters, so not too useful for difference between the two sets of locations. I see there is a GPSDestDistance tag, but I don't know how that's actually used.