News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Discrete data in radiance:command duplicate

Started by blue-j, October 18, 2020, 09:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue-j

I've found that radiance:command repeats twice with diverging data in the attached file (using -a).  Is this behavior expected?

radiance:command     # Generated with IBR image class (MPI Informatik)

radiance:command      - pfilt -x 1024 -y 676

I suspect they belong together.

- J

StarGeek

It's possible.  I'm not familiar with the format so I can't comment really.  But depending upon the format, there are legitimate times that the same tag name will appear more than once.  For example, an MKV file has it's data in multiple TagName/TagString pairs.  Example output:
TagName                         : ENCODER
TagString                       : Lavc58.18.100 libvorbis
TagName                         : DURATION
TagString                       : 01:01:43.003000000

Then there are plenty of times when some program would write the data badly  For example, I have a couple files where the IPTC IIM chunk is repeated 5 times.  Here's a short output.  The actual blocks are in varying degrees of completeness.
C:\>exiftool -g1 -a -s -ShortDocumentID Y:\!temp\!Odd_Metadata_Chunks\0419113238478_088_Five_IPTC_Chunks.jpg
---- IPTC ----
ShortDocumentID                 : 3685602812
---- IPTC2 ----
ShortDocumentID                 : 3821268188
---- IPTC3 ----
---- IPTC4 ----
ShortDocumentID                 : 3821268188
---- IPTC5 ----
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Here is the header for the file you attached:

#?RADIANCE
# Generated with IBR image class (MPI Informatik)
FORMAT=32-bit_rle_rgbe
pfilt -x 1024 -y 676
EXPOSURE=3.523009e-01

-Y 676 +X 1024

ExifTool is currently returning any header line that doesn't contain an "=" sign in a Command tag.  Technically, it would be better if lines beginning with "#" are returned as a Comment.  I should probably change this.

But a Radiance file may have many Command lines which are returned as separate tags.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

ExifTool 12.09 (just released) extracts the comments separately.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

blue-j

Thanks so much!!! I confirm that it works perfectly.  - J