Add ISAD(G) namespace

Started by mrtngrsbch, April 25, 2021, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtngrsbch

Hi Phil,

Months ago, with @hvdwolf we have incorporated ISAD(G) to jExifToolGUI.
I send you here the file 'isadg-struct.cfg' for you to consider the possibility of integrating it to ExifTool, as VRA Core will be soon.

Best

gregreser

Hi Martin,

I tested your config file and it works - the XMP matches other ISAD(G) records I have.
Here are the commands I used:

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Identity="{Reference=REFERENCE, Title=TITLE, Date=DATE, DescriptionLevel=DESCRIPTION LEVEL, Extent=EXTENT}" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Context="{Creator=CREATOR, Adminbiohistory=ADMIN BIO HISTORY, Archivalhistory=ARCHIVAL HISTORY, Acqinfo=ACQ INFO}" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Contentstructure="{Scopecontent=SCOPE CONTENT, Appraisaldestruction=APPRAISAL DESTRUCTION, Accruals=ACCRUALS, Arrangement=ARRANGEMENT}"  "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Conditionsaccessuse="{Accessrestrictions=ACCESS RESTRICTIONS, Reprorestrictions=REPRO RESTRICTIONS, Languagescripts=LANGUAGE SCRIPTS, Phystech=PHYS TECH, Findingaids=FINDING AIDS}" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Alliedmaterials="{Existencelocationoriginals=EXISTENCE LOCATION ORIGINALS, Existencelocationcopies=EXISTENCE LOCATION COPIES, Relatedunits=RELATED UNITS, Publication=PUBLICATION}" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:NotesNote="NOTES" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

exiftool -config isadg-struct.cfg -xmp-isadg:Descriptioncontrol="{Archivistsnote=ARCHIVISTS NOTE, Rulesconventions=RULES CONVENTIONS, Descriptionsdate=DESCRIPTION DATE}" "C:\Users\Computer User\Project\isadg_exiftool_test.jpg"

This these are XMP structures that were written:

<isadg:Alliedmaterials rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Existencelocationcopies>EXISTENCE LOCATION COPIES</isadg:Existencelocationcopies>
            <isadg:Existencelocationoriginals>EXISTENCE LOCATION ORIGINALS</isadg:Existencelocationoriginals>
            <isadg:Publication>PUBLICATION</isadg:Publication>
            <isadg:Relatedunits>RELATED UNITS</isadg:Relatedunits>
         </isadg:Alliedmaterials>
         <isadg:Conditionsaccessuse rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Accessrestrictions>ACCESS RESTRICTIONS</isadg:Accessrestrictions>
            <isadg:Findingaids>FINDING AIDS</isadg:Findingaids>
            <isadg:Languagescripts>LANGUAGE SCRIPTS</isadg:Languagescripts>
            <isadg:Phystech>PHYS TECH</isadg:Phystech>
            <isadg:Reprorestrictions>REPRO RESTRICTIONS</isadg:Reprorestrictions>
         </isadg:Conditionsaccessuse>
         <isadg:Contentstructure rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Accruals>ACCRUALS</isadg:Accruals>
            <isadg:Appraisaldestruction>APPRAISAL DESTRUCTION</isadg:Appraisaldestruction>
            <isadg:Arrangement>ARRANGEMENT</isadg:Arrangement>
            <isadg:Scopecontent>SCOPE CONTENT</isadg:Scopecontent>
         </isadg:Contentstructure>
         <isadg:Context rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Acqinfo>ACQ INFO</isadg:Acqinfo>
            <isadg:Adminbiohistory>ADMIN BIO HISTORY</isadg:Adminbiohistory>
            <isadg:Archivalhistory>ARCHIVAL HISTORY</isadg:Archivalhistory>
            <isadg:Creator>CREATOR</isadg:Creator>
         </isadg:Context>
         <isadg:Descriptioncontrol rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Archivistsnote>ARCHIVISTS NOTE</isadg:Archivistsnote>
            <isadg:Descriptionsdate>DESCRIPTION DATE</isadg:Descriptionsdate>
            <isadg:Rulesconventions>RULES CONVENTIONS</isadg:Rulesconventions>
         </isadg:Descriptioncontrol>
         <isadg:Identity rdf:parseType="Resource">
            <isadg:Date>DATE</isadg:Date>
            <isadg:DescriptionLevel>DESCRIPTION LEVEL</isadg:DescriptionLevel>
            <isadg:Extent>EXTENT</isadg:Extent>
            <isadg:Reference>REFERENCE</isadg:Reference>
            <isadg:Title>TITLE</isadg:Title>
         </isadg:Identity>
         <isadg:NotesNote>NOTES</isadg:NotesNote>

mrtngrsbch

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for the confirmation.
I really... tried to do it but I have Harry. hvdwolf [https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1214] to thank, who has helped me with this and has also recently incorporated it into jExifToolGUI https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=11355.0  .

Phil Harvey

I resist adding new XMP namespaces to ExifTool unless there is enough demand.  I don't think this namespace falls into this category.  I've decided against adding the VRA core tags too for now.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dvnr

Hi Phil,

If I may, adding "VRA" and/or "ISADG" namespaces to ExifTool would be very much appreciated by those, like me, who work with metadata in cultural institutions.

Thank you very much for the great job!

Davide

mrtngrsbch

Quote from: dvnr on June 23, 2021, 11:44:09 AM
Hi Phil,

If I may, adding "VRA" and/or "ISADG" namespaces to ExifTool would be very much appreciated by those, like me, who work with metadata in cultural institutions.

Thank you very much for the great job!

Davide

+1 !   8)