Started by tibrebour, June 15, 2021, 09:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tibrebour

Hello

First of all, thanks for realizing exiftool.  :D

My error message is the following:

"Error: [minor] Maker notes could not be parsed - PANO0001m4 coucou100.tif"
(image attached)
my images are extracted with DXO PhotoLab in its latest version. I have the impression that since the last update, no file can be processed correctly.

Could you tell me what is wrong with my file so that I can send the information to dxo ?

I have done some research on the forum which shows that you can ignore this message with the -m command in some cases. However, maybe it is risky in this case on the one hand and on the other hand, I use ExifToolGui and I don't know how to do this in ExifToolGui?

Sincerely,

Thibaud

Phil Harvey

Hi Thibaud,

I don't have an original Hasselblad L1D-20c file for comparison, so I can't tell you what has happened here.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

tibrebour

Phil

I just realized that I am probably wrong. It just that I recently started with images coming from my drone, DJI Mavic 2 (Hasselblad L1D-20c). All images coming from this drone exported from this device seems to have this problem. I could send you original .nef file if needed per mail.
All i need is to change the shutter speed.
Additionnal remarks: if I use Lightrrom plug ins LensTagger (+exif tool) I can change shutter speed but not with exif tool gui (+exif tool).
I really would prefer to work with exif tool gui as i have automated some tasks there.
Do you have a idea what i could do to enable exiftool gui to change my shutter speed of these picture (any option similar to -m) in exif tool gui ?

Thibaud

Phil Harvey

This works with the command-line app:

> exiftool ~/Desktop/PANO0001m4\ coucou100.tif -exposuretime=1/200 -m
Warning: Maker notes could not be parsed - /Users/phil/Desktop/PANO0001m4 coucou100.tif
    1 image files updated
> exiftool ~/Desktop/PANO0001m4\ coucou100.tif -exposuretime
Exposure Time                   : 1/200
> exiftool -ver

- phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

tibrebour

Phil,

Thanks for your reply.

I have never used Exiftool in command line mode. I'm afraid I can't do what I'm used to do: My image process needs to modify in one go a hundred images according to their name. With the ExifTool Gui interface I can select the images according to some character in their name (show all files field) and apply the modifications according to it. I enter the type of files in "show all files" and then I continue...

I guess that with the command line application, this is not really possible. is it ?
So for the moment i will probably try with Lens Tagger inside of Lightroom. If you know any other alternative that may work in a similar way, that might help.

Thibaud

Phil Harvey

If you can do it from the command line, you should be able to do it from within ExifToolGUI.  Just make sure it is using the most recent version of ExifTool.

- Phil

tibrebour

I really would like to process in exiftool gui but because of "Error: [minor] Maker notes could not be parsed", no images are processed then...
I dont know how to turn around this message.  ::)

Phil Harvey

There should be a way to add the -m option in the GUI (ignore minor errors).

- Phil

tibrebour

Interesting, i have searched for -m option in Exiftool Gui but did not find the way to do it.
I will try to post this request in the Exiftool Gui part of the forum...

tibrebour

Yes indeed it is the 3rd line in the option menu.
It seems to work !  ;)
Great  :)