0x1100 => [{
        Name => 'AutoBracketing',
        Condition => '$$self{Model} eq "X-T3"',
        Notes => 'X-T3 only',
        Writable => 'int16u',
        PrintConv => {
            0 => 'Off',
            1 => 'On',
            2 => 'Pre-shot', #12 (Electronic Shutter and Continuous High drive mode only)
        },
    },{
        Name => 'AutoBracketing',
        Notes => 'other models',
        Writable => 'int16u',
        PrintConv => {
            0 => 'Off',
            1 => 'On',
            2 => 'No flash & flash', #3
            6 => 'Pixel Shift', #IB (GFX100S)
        },
    }],

Differentiating by model number is becoming more problematic as 0x1100 value of "2" is used by other recent cameras that support Pre-Shot (at a minimum the X-S10 and likely the X-T4)

I'm guessing the "No flash & flash" had something to do with early cameras that supported flash bracketing and the last FujiFilm camera I could find with this was the FinePix S5 Pro released in 2006.

FujiFilm no longer uses this tag specifically for Bracketing but for other drive modes that generate a sequence of images (such as Continuous Low, Continuous High and Pre-Shot but not HDR for some reason)

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I've made a note of this in the code, but don't know what I can do to improve this situation.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

FujiFilm seems to make a habit of slightly changing their use of metadata.

A good example is the tag 0x1438 which is a 16 bit field that Exiftool calls Image Count.

Exiftool only uses 15 bits which works for all cameras but this means that the counter rolls over at 32K even though there are 64K distinct values.

Some camera models start with the high order bit set and some don't - Exiftool is always correct for the first 32K values but loses values between 32K and 64K.

Without keeping track of each new camera being released there isn't much you can do.

However if you use Google to find the shutter count for FujiFilm X series cameras the highest value you will get is 32K.

greybeard

I wonder if you could change the filter on a specific camera (X-T3) to "all cameras that start with X".

As sensor readout gets faster (such as X-H2S) pre-shot is likely to be more widely used.

Do you know which cameras used this tag for "No flash & flash" - and what it means?

Phil Harvey

I don't know what "No flash & flash" means.  Likely some terminology used in the Fujifilm user manual, but I don't know what model.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

OK I think I may have found it - early point and shoot cameras (such as the F31d) had a "Natural & Flash" scene setting where the camera would automatically take two images - one with flash and one without.