Advanced track-sync via args file?

Started by nemethv, March 15, 2023, 08:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemethv

Hello,

In plain English I need to have a selection of track files and a selection of image files synced, however I want the output of the sync to go into a placeholder xmp file rather than "do the write" itself. As you can see there are also options being triggered for timeZone and some API stuff.

I have - at the moment - the following logic in place:

exiftool  -charset utf8 -charset filename=utf8 -charset photoshop=utf8 -charset exif=utf8 -charset iptc=utf8  -geotag="D:\temp3\2023-02-27.gpx"  -geotag="D:\temp3\2023-02-28.gpx" "-geotime<${DateTimeOriginal#}+00:00" -api GeoMaxIntSecs=1800 -api GeoMaxExtSecs=1800 "D:\temp3\_2280104.ORF" "D:\temp3\_2280105.ORF" -v2  -srcfile "C:\Users\nemet\AppData\Roaming\GeoTagNinja\tmpLocFiles\%F.xmp"

The problem is that if the user selects too many gpx files or too many image files the CMD gets too long and once it hits ~8000 chars it would fail because it's a limitation in Windows.
I can replace the image file list with just a foldername and then use some logic further down the line to ignore the image files that the user hasn't selected.

Is there a way to create an args file that does the trick as per above incl the placeholder xmp files and the API calls?

Thank you

Phil Harvey

You can use wildcards in the -geotag file name if you want.

Optionally, the following argfile could be used instead of putting all of the arguments on the command line:

-charset
utf8
-charset
filename=utf8
-charset
photoshop=utf8
-charset
exif=utf8
-charset
iptc=utf8
-geotag=D:\temp3\2023-02-27.gpx
-geotag=D:\temp3\2023-02-28.gpx
-geotime<${DateTimeOriginal#}+00:00
-api
GeoMaxIntSecs=1800
-api
GeoMaxExtSecs=1800
D:\temp3\_2280104.ORF
D:\temp3\_2280105.ORF
-v2
-srcfile
C:\Users\nemet\AppData\Roaming\GeoTagNinja\tmpLocFiles\%F.xmp

Is that what you wanted?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

nemethv