XMP-ns1 = Adobe Asset Compute?

Started by blue-j, June 16, 2023, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue-j

I just ran into a namespace I have not seen before:   xmp-ns1

Presumably "ns1" is generic and means "namespace1," but alas, I believe that is not the end of it.  It seems that Adobe has created a namespace that uses such nomenclature called "Adobe Asset Compute"?

https://github.com/adobe/asset-compute-xmp

It's news to me.  Here, let me show you my sample data.  All names and details have been changed to protect the innocent:

xmp   xmp-ns1   art-director   ["Little Joey"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   asset-type   lifestyle
xmp   xmp-ns1   backgrounds   greens
xmp   xmp-ns1   brand   poobah
xmp   xmp-ns1   collaboration   -
xmp   xmp-ns1   color   ["Red"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   digital-tech   ["Pigface Monroe]
xmp   xmp-ns1   group-ids   ["classic-adirondack-chair"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   location   555 Street, Happytown, CA 55555
xmp   xmp-ns1   photographer   ["The Silent One"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   product-name   ["Classic Adirondack Chair","Red","Polson Woven Pillow","Warm Multi","Dream Faux Fur Throw","Cognac","Mission Square Planter","Black","Easton Easton Outdoor Forged-Iron Lantern","Bronze","Premium Flameless Pillars","White","Manor Cylinder Sconce","Bronze"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   room   outdoor
xmp   xmp-ns1   season   fall
xmp   xmp-ns1   spread   40
xmp   xmp-ns1   stylist   ["Bobo McFitz"]
xmp   xmp-ns1   year   2023

Any bells for anyone?  Is this said Adobe namespace?  Or perhaps custom?  Is there a way to tell?  (I can probably provide the actual asset privately, just ask).

- J

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

blue-j

A very reasonable suggestion, but none of those are XMP... I think this is different.  - J

Phil Harvey

The URI for the ns1 namespace is "https://example.com/schema/example".

This seems to be an example only.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).