ACDsee XMP face data to standard or keywords

Started by Ineound, November 10, 2023, 02:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ineound

Hi all,

before fully embracing ACDsee Mac Studio 9 I would like to check if it is possible, if needed, to copy the face data to either keywords or the ITPC standard.

Thanks in advance!

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Ineound

Phil Harvey

Use "exiftool -s FILE" to determine what information is available, then use this command to add the desired tag to IPTC Keywords:

exiftool "-keywords+<TAG" FILE

or to XMP:Subject:

exiftool "-subject+<TAG" FILE

- phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

I believe that ACDSee keywords are stored in XMP-acdsee:Keywords, so you would replace TAG with that.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Ineound

Finally completed a successful test for those who are interested:

exiftool "-xmp:subject+<xmp:regionsregionlistname"

Apparently face tags are stored in "regions region list name" by ACDsee

Ineound

apparently the "Regions Region List Name" only has one face tag even if there are more faces tagged in the photo. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Phil Harvey

Update to a more recent version of ExifTool.  The tag should be called RegionName.  You must have a really old version if it is RegionsRegionListName.

- Phil

StarGeek

I think you have to use the acdsee.config file to get the names from an ACDSee region, which will return the region names as ACDSeeRegionName.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

I was talking about MWG regions.

A sample file would be helpful.

- Phil

StarGeek

Yes, but they are talking about ACDSee regions, as per title of the thread.  This post has a sample and that thread is about ACDSee regions.

@Ineound, download the config file I linked above and put it in the same directory as exiftool.  You could then use this command
exiftool -Config acdsee.config "-subject+<ACDSeeRegionName" /path/to/files/

Phil Harvey

Thanks StarGeek.  For that sample, you need to use the -a option to see the names of all the regions since this is not extracted as a List-type tag:

> exiftool JSilva_092517_8623.jpg -regionsregionlistname -a
Regions Region List Name        : Austin Powers
Regions Region List Name        : Jane Doe
Regions Region List Name        : Mini Me
Regions Region List Name        : John Doe
Regions Region List Name        : Mike Miller

So to copy all of them you would need to do this:

exiftool "-+subject<regionsregionlistname" ...

The "+" adds to the queued values so all of the names are added.

- Phil