Two IF in one command possible?

Started by Birdman, February 24, 2024, 07:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

Hi there,

I would like to get the following two commands in one command:
exiftool -q -if "${Location} eq ${City}" "-Comment<${Location}, ${CountryCode}" -overwrite_original *.jpg
exiftool -q -if "${Location} ne ${City}" "-Comment<${Location}, ${City}, ${CountryCode}" -overwrite_original *.jpg
Is that possible (working under Windows)? I tried several ways, but none worked for both commands.

Regards,
Martin
Best regards,

Martin (Birdman)

StarGeek

Not as a simple command, as these two -if conditions are opposite and write different values. You would need an if ... then ... else programming structure.

Technically, you could use Perl's ternary operator ( Condition ? True value : False value) and self->GetValue('TAG'), but that is really messy IMO, and would be hard to troubleshoot if something went wrong.  Something like this (Edit: I have not tested this)
exiftool "-Comment<${Location;$_=($_ eq self->GetValue('City')) ? $_ . ',' . self->GetValue('CountryCode') : $_ . ',' . self->GetValue('City') . ',' . self->GetValue('CountryCode')}" file.jpg

Personally, I would just use two commands, as it's easier to figure out what you're trying to do if you have to fix or change it.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Birdman

Quote from: StarGeek on February 24, 2024, 11:49:22 AM... Personally, I would just use two commands, as it's easier to figure out what you're trying to do if you have to fix or change it.
Thank you! I agree, that this seems to be the better way to go.
Best regards,

Martin (Birdman)