New Adobe Lightroom XMP fields

Started by johnrellis, March 10, 2024, 01:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrellis

Adobe Lightroom Classic now reads and writes two new fields, xmpDM:pick ("-1", "0", "1") and xmpDM:good ("true" and "false").  See the attached .xmp file for an example.

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I'll add support for XMP-xmpDM:Pick (assuming this was written correctly).

There are a few other tags in this XMP that I haven't defined yet:

XMP-aux:FujiRatingAlreadyApplied
XMP-exif:SensitivityType
XMP-exif:LensMake

I'm guessing the Fuji rating tag shouldn't be there and is nonstandard.  The undefined XMP-exif tags are the wrong namespace in this file, they should be XMP-exifEX (interestingly, LensMake is written correctly to XMP-exifEX, but incorrectly duplicated in XMP-exif).  Yet another Adobe bug if they are writing this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

johnrellis

That .xmp sidecar was created by LR Classic 13.2. The original .raf didn't include any XMP fields, so the entire contents of the .xmp was created from scratch by LR.

Marsu42

Quote from: johnrellis on March 10, 2024, 01:44:57 AMAdobe Lightroom Classic now reads and writes two new fields, xmpDM:pick ("-1", "0", "1") and xmpDM:good ("true" and "false").  See the attached .xmp file for an example.

I'm using an oldere LR versions (old gpu...), just out of interest and because I could use these tags with exiftool - to map the horrible custom "favorite" tagging by the Android F-Stop app (XMP-fstop:Favorite).

What exactly is the gui use of these elements in newer LR versions - is xmpDM:pick the "flagged/unflagged" flag, and xmpDM:good is a new checkbox?

The Adobe docs don't seem to have caught up yet w/ xmpDM:pick, only xmpDM:good is specified:
https://github.com/adobe/xmp-docs/blob/master/XMPNamespaces/xmpDM.md
https://developer.adobe.com/xmp/docs/XMPNamespaces/xmpDM/

johnrellis

Here is how Lightroom Classic 13.2 uses those two fields:

Pick FlagxmpDM:pickxmpDM:good
Unflagged0<missing>
Flagged1true
Rejected-1false