New Custom XMP field like Keywords

Started by lukasz050, July 24, 2024, 08:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukasz050

I'm trying to add a custom field to my images that will act as keywords. that means I can write multiple words there separately. but i dont know number of keywords i will add each time

I tried to create my Config but then i can add just one value to this field

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined = (
    'Image::ExifTool::XMP::xmp' => {
        CustomKw => { List => { }, },
    },
);

and then run
exiftool -config newfield.config -xmp:CustomKw+=kw4 -xmp:CustomKw+=kw5 -xmp:CustomKw+=kw6 MYFILEbut it always write just one keyword

Phil Harvey

The value of List should be 'Bag', 'Seq' or 'Alt' where you have { }.

Also, custom XMP tags should be added to custom namespaces, not the standard 'xmp' namespace.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

lukasz050

Thank you I will build a custom namespace if I manage to do the rest of the things
so i was able to write my data using this:

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined = (
'Image::ExifTool::XMP::xmp' => {
TitlePL => { },
DescriptionPL => { },
CategoriesPL  => { List => 'Bag' },
KeywordsPL => { List => 'Bag' },
},
);

Is it normal that these fields are later visible with spaces?
TitlePL => Title PL
DescriptionPL => Description PL
CategoriesPL => Categories PL
KeywordsPL   => Keywords PL

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

lukasz050

one more question if i created custom XMP fields with config file do i need this config file every time to update these fields later ?

Phil Harvey

You need the config file to write XMP, but not to read it.

- Phil