Metadata Changes Not Saving in ExifTool GUI

Started by kevincalori, August 13, 2024, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincalori

Hello everyone,

I am  using ExifTool GUI on my Windows machine to edit metadata for my image files; but I have recently faced  an issue where my changes aren't being saved. :(

After editing the metadata fields and clicking "Save," everything appears to work correctly, but when I reopen the files, the changes are not there. I'm using ExifTool GUI version 5.16 on Windows 10 Pro; version 21H2 ; and the problem mainly affects JPEG and PNG files.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps;  such as verifying that I have the latest version of ExifTool installed;  checking file permissions to ensure I have write access, running ExifTool GUI as an administrator; and testing with different file directories to rule out path issues. Has anyone else faced  similar issues with metadata not saving?

Are there specific settings or configurations in ExifTool GUI that I might be overlooking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! :)
kevinsplunk

FrankB

HI Kevin,

V516, created by Bogdan Hrastnik, is not supported anymore.

The current version 6.3.4 you can download from https://github.com/FrankBijnen/ExifToolGui/releases

I recommend using the installer and choosing the option to install ExifTool from within the installer, but the portable version should also work.

Frank

P.S. Should you still encounter problems with V634, first open the LOG WINDOW, then execute the save. Providing the log info helps a great deal.