Main Menu

Select images in subfolders?

Started by bakgwei, September 14, 2010, 11:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakgwei

I have not been able to find any function to select images in subfolders. Is that possible at all, or am I just too blind to see it? Has anyone come across this? I need to batch edit thousands of images in hundreds of folders...

Phil Harvey

This is the -r option on the command line.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BogdanH

In case you mean when working with GUI, then the answer is no -you can only modify files selected inside current (working) folder.
I've done that with purpose... when I've started with GUI, it was ment for "not that advanced" users, where this limitation was ment as security in first place -like: "you only modify files that you actually see/specify".

Bogdan

bakgwei

Bogdan,

thanks for explaining this. Maybe in future editions you could consider adding the option to the GUI interface, maybe with a warning or similar for the fear that you voiced. I think this is a very useful and much needed feature - going through hundreds of folders for a simple thing to add to the Exif is not very practicable at all...I am sure I am not the only user with this issue.

Cheers,

Ben