Main Menu

Missing options in version 4

Started by rvdkrogt, October 29, 2010, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvdkrogt

Bogdan,

I downloaded the latest version of ExiftoolGUI and tried the way I am used to work with the program. It is for me no longer possible to use the program,  I miss to much.
I work mostly with PSD-files. I make a new combination of several photo's and than want the Exif, XMP and IPTC data from the most imported photo copy to the new photo (PSD-file ). In the previous version it must be done with exporting the information to an mie-file and select all data in the special field. After that it was possible to import the mie file in the new psd-file with selecting all data.

In version 4 this is no longer possible.

I hope that this method can come back in an next release. Until that I can only use version 3.

BogdanH

Hi,

You are probably talking about "Import metadata from single file" menu option. I must admit, that I somehow overseen this quite usefull option... I'll bring it back in next few days.
Thank you for noticing me.

Bogdan

rvdkrogt

Bogdan,

Thank you for the fast making of the new version. I tried it and it works again, so I can going on using this program.

Regards
René

JL

There used to be an option to right-click on a photo in Windows, and open directly into an ExifToolGUI window with the selected file highlighted in blue. Now it opens the GUI window but not to the relevant folder or file. Bummer!

arthurb

Bogdan, with reference to JL's post, have you removed the command-line input from GUI V4?  I currently (on V3.41) can call ExifToolGUI from within FastStone Image Viewer and from Directory Opus to view the data for a selected file (in the manner referred to by JL), and I find that very useful.  However, if that is missing from V4 it will be a big disappointment.  Is there a major difficulty in providing this in V4?

Before I read this thread I was going to ask you if you could provide a command-line option to only output the 'quick view' for the selected/passed filename, without any thumbnails/preview/folder-tree (that is, just giving a narrow panel of the data on the right of the screen), but that would seem to be impossible now.

As I said above, it is a disappointment, but if these things can not be provided, well they just can't.  I think I'll stay on V3.41 as long as possible.  However, once again, thanks for your hard work Bogdan.

Regards,
Arthur.

BogdanH

Hi,

I'm sorry for not responding to JL before (didn't noticed post).
About calling GUI via command line (in short): this option wasn't ment to be removed, I simply forgot to make it. It will be back in next few days.
About showing metadata window only: at first sight, the easiest way (for me) would be, to make separate program for this purpose. The problem is, I would need to keep two separate update tracks (removing bugs, etc), which is not practical. I'll try to figure something out...

Bogdan