Error: No size tag for IFD1:ThumbnailOffset

Started by adonaicanez, December 20, 2010, 08:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adonaicanez

Hi,

I am receive this error

Error: No size tag for IFD1:ThumbnailOffset - D:/Dados Adonai/My Pictures/Fotos Pessoais/Fotos da Cidade de Pelotas/DSCN3345.JPG

when execute this comand, I am using geosetter

C:\Users\Adonai S. Canez\AppData\Roaming\GeoSetter\tools\exiftool.exe  -@ "C:\Users\ADONAI~1.CAN\AppData\Local\Temp\et00350898.arg" -common_args "D:\Dados Adonai\My Pictures\Fotos Pessoais\Fotos da Cidade de Pelotas\DSCN3345.JPG"

-overwrite_original
-EXIF:GPSAltitude=18.900000
-EXIF:GPSAltitudeRef=Below Sea Level
-EXIF:GPSDateStamp=2010:01:01
-EXIF:GPSTimeStamp=15:37:35
-XMP:GPSAltitude=18.900000
-XMP:GPSAltitudeRef=Below Sea Level
-XMP:GPSDateTime=2010-01-01T15:37:35Z
-XMP:Creator=
-XMP:AuthorsPosition=
-XMP:CountryCode=BRA
-IPTC:CodedCharacterSet=
-IPTC:Country-PrimaryLocationCode=BRA
-XMP:Country=Brasil
-IPTC:Country-PrimaryLocationName=Brasil
-XMP:State=Rio Grande do Sul
-IPTC:Province-State=Rio Grande do Sul
-XMP:City=Pelotas
-IPTC:City=Pelotas
-XMP:Location=Pelotas
-IPTC:Sub-Location=Pelotas
-XMP:Artist=Adonai Silveira Canez
-XMP:Description=
-XMP:Instructions=
-XMP:Title=
-XMP:Headline=
-XMP:Credit=Adonai Silveira Canez
-IPTC:Credit=Adonai Silveira Canez
-XMP:Rights=Todos Direitos Reservados
-IPTC:CopyrightNotice=Todos Direitos Reservados
-XMP:CaptionWriter=Adonai Silveira Canez
-IPTC:Writer-Editor=Adonai Silveira Canez
-XMP:Source=
-Photoshop:Url=http://www.adonai.eti.br
-XMP:Category=
-XMP:Subject=BRA
-XMP:Subject=Brasil
-XMP:Subject=Pelotas
-XMP:Subject=Rio Grande do Sul
-IPTC:Keywords=BRA
-IPTC:Keywords=Brasil
-IPTC:Keywords=Pelotas
-IPTC:Keywords=Rio Grande do Sul
-XMP:DateCreated=2010-01-01T15:37:35Z+00:00
-xmp:rating=
-xmp:ratingpercent=
-IPTC:Contact=Ismael Simoes Lopes, 292
-XMP:CreatorAddress=Ismael Simoes Lopes, 292
-XMP:CreatorPostalCode=96030-670
-XMP:CreatorCity=Pelotas
-XMP:CreatorRegion=RS
-XMP:CreatorCountry=Brasil
-XMP:CreatorWorkTelephone=53 3271-3293
-XMP:CreatorWorkEmail=adonai@adonai.eti.br
-XMP:CreatorWorkURL=http://www.adonai.eti.br
-execute
-overwrite_original
-P
-L
-EXIF:Copyright=Todos Direitos Reservados
-IPTC:DateCreated=20100101
-IPTC:TimeCreated=153735+0000

Phil Harvey

Sounds like an error in the metadata of this image.  If you attach a sample or mail it to me (philharvey66 at gmail.com) I will take a look for you.  I have never seen this specific problem, but in general errors like this must be repaired before you can add metadata to the file.  FAQ number 20 describes how to do this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

adonaicanez

I am send photos by email

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 20, 2010, 08:58:21 AM
Sounds like an error in the metadata of this image.  If you attach a sample or mail it to me (philharvey66 at gmail.com) I will take a look for you.  I have never seen this specific problem, but in general errors like this must be repaired before you can add metadata to the file.  FAQ number 20 describes how to do this.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Thanks for the sample.  The IFD1:ThumbnailLength tag is definitely missing.  This only affects the thumbnail image.  All the other metadata seems OK.

Did you run any other utilities on this image before exiftool?  I can't see how exiftool could do this.  I have tried your command on an original Nikon L100 sample image and I don't see this problem.  Do you still have a copy of the original image (straight out of the camera) for the file you sent?  I would like to test it with your command to see if I can reproduce this problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

adonaicanez

Hi Phil, sorry for the delay, I was traveling.

I ran a software to add GPS tags. This software was developed by me (gps2jpeg -http://sourceforge.net/projects/gps2jpeg/) using the lib exiv2 (www.exiv2.org).
This type of error had never occurred before, and it occurred in a few images, so I alsohave no idea what may have occurred.
The original images I have not. Probably the problem is not in exiftool, but if I identify any problems I'll let you know

Adonai

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 20, 2010, 03:21:38 PM
Thanks for the sample.  The IFD1:ThumbnailLength tag is definitely missing.  This only affects the thumbnail image.  All the other metadata seems OK.

Did you run any other utilities on this image before exiftool?  I can't see how exiftool could do this.  I have tried your command on an original Nikon L100 sample image and I don't see this problem.  Do you still have a copy of the original image (straight out of the camera) for the file you sent?  I would like to test it with your command to see if I can reproduce this problem.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Thanks.

This makes sense to me because I can't imagine how ExifTool could have caused this problem.

- Phil