Main Menu

Fuji RAF support

Started by Mike Lee, April 05, 2011, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Lee

(my apologies if this is double-posted due to an ExifTool's forums error on first attempt)

Bogdan,  Great to have you and ExifToolGUI hosted here, and a big thank you to Phil for that!

I am attempting to edit RAF files from my Fuji S5000 for which write support was added several years ago:

Dec. 22, 2008 - Version 7.58

* Added new Canon, Nikon and Olympus lenses (thanks Jan Boelsma and Geert De Soete)
    * Added write support for FujiFilm S5000 Ver3.00 and S9500 Ver1.01 RAF images

I am getting a message in ExifToolGUI that RAF version 0716 is not yet tested and no files were updated.

My S5000 files are indeed Ver3.00.  Any idea what might be happening? 

Many thanks, Michael Lee

Phil Harvey

Hi Michael,

Could you please send a sample to me (philharvey66 at gmail.com)?

There were some format differences with earlier RAF versions so I have taken the conservative approach of verifying each new format version and I haven't yet tested a 0716 sample.  I'm not sure why the RAF version should be different since your firmware seems to be the same (my sample has version 0712), but it is a simple matter to test the image.

I will add official support for this version (and remove this warning) after I have tested it.

Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Thanks, I got the sample and will add support for this version.

In the mean time, you can safely write to these files by selecting "Ignore existing minor errors" from the ExifToolGUI options menu.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Mike Lee

Roger that Phil... "Ignore existing minor errors"  I didn't think it would work, but it does!