Can't locate PAR.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .) at -e line 860.

Started by soma jones, April 12, 2011, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Thanks for reminding me about this.  I was going to try updating to PAR 1.002.

Here is the Windows version of ExifTool 8.68 packaged using PAR 1.002

Please try this version and let me know if it fixes the problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Mr_K

I've just checked your attached version.
It's not working either - Sorry...
:(

- Mr_K

Is there another PAR-Version out?

Phil Harvey

The current PAR version is 1.005, but checking the ChangeLog I don't see anything that looks like it would fix this problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

BlueWulf

Hi, should be the solution is very easy. Windows 7?
Did you copy exiftool.exe to Windows\system32 ? ???

Then the solution isto move the exe directly in the Windows folder like C:\Windows.

Than it works - of course exiftool find there everything needed.

BR Oliver

@By the way. Great Tool, Phil.

Mr_K

QuoteHi, should be the solution is very easy. Windows 7?
No, Linux (Wine)...

Sorry, but the latest exiftool version 8.85 is still not working.
Therefore I have to use my workaround to use GeoSetter...  :o

Phil Harvey

Note that there is another exiftool "wrapper" for Windows posted here.  It also allows you to run the Perl version of exiftool in Windows.

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but there are other good reasons to use this in Windows if you already have Perl installed.

- Phil

Mr_K

Hi Phil!

The developer of GeoSetter (Mr. Friedemann) accepted this error http://www.geosetter.de/mantis/view.php?id=844, but is still without an (update-secure) solution. :'(

But I think updating the PERL version OR/AND the EXE version should also be possible...
and with your a.m. wrapper in combination with the described windows-registry-Hack it could be a solution. Turing/ Setting this Hack on and off could be a switch between these two versions.  :P

Thank you so far for your great support! - Mr. K

rzust0o

Hi!

I've just had a same problem as described, with 8.98 windows 7 64b home premium, after clean system reinstall

and just as BlueWulf  wrote, my problem dissapeared after moving

\Windows\System32\exiftool.exe to \Windows\exiftool.exe

and that is great tool!! I truly appreciate Your's work and sharing it with Us!
thank You very much!!

btw. And many thanks for BlueWulf, for tests and solution, You've made my day! :)