.webm files and VideoBitrate

Started by mujer_esponja, July 19, 2011, 08:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mujer_esponja

Hello,
Testing exiftool I have realized that there are problems with webm extension videos.
For any other video extension, I get
"VideoBitrate": 231022,

I have tested adding in the command line -VideoBitrate or without params at all.

exiftool -g1 -j -r -fast -m -S -w /path/%f.json /path/video.webm -FileName -Duration -ImageSize -MIMEType -FileType -FileSize -FilePermissions -PageCount - Title -Creator -Producer -Author -PDFVersion -Subject -VideoBitrate

Any help would be apreciated, thanks in advance

System: Mac
Version: 8.61

Phil Harvey

It seems as if the video bitrate is not stored in the Matroska meta information.  See the Matroska tag name documentation for a list of tags extracted from these videos by ExifTool.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

mujer_esponja

Are there other ways to store the metadata?? Or you talk about Matroska because it is what exiftool uses?
Is there no way to get this atrribute from a .webm file?

Thanks again

Phil Harvey

I talk about Matroska because this is the container format used by .webm videos.  There are lots of different video container file formats, and ExifTool has the ability to extract meta information from most of the common ones.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

mujer_esponja

Thanks for your explanation.
Regards