EXIFtool Direct feature truncating some commands

Started by MalcR, September 30, 2011, 03:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcR

I've been using the EXIFtool Direct feature and noticed that it removes quotes from the beginning and end of the command line. Example:

"-LensModel=Samyang 14mm F2.8" "-LensInfo=14mm f/2.8" "-FocalLength=14mm" -if "not $lensmodel"

I know I could move the leading quotes to after the = sign but the closing quote is necessary. When I enter this line as a predefined command then close and open the program, the predefined command does not have the opening and closing quotes. I haven't checked for the loss of any other characters.

BogdanH

Hi,

Weird... as it seems, if first and last character is quote, then both quotes aren't read from ini file. Will checkout tomorrow.
Thanks for posting.

Bogdan

BogdanH

Mistery solved, but...
It is how MS Windows reads ini files. Here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724366.aspx -we can read:
Remarks
If the string associated with the lpKeyName parameter is enclosed in single or double quotation marks, the marks are discarded when the GetProfileString function returns the string.

I believe, chances that commands needs to be started and ended with quotes, are quite rare. Using above example:
"-LensModel=Samyang 14mm F2.8" "-LensInfo=14mm f/2.8" "-FocalLength=14mm" -if "not $lensmodel"
..should be written as:
-LensModel="Samyang 14mm F2.8" -LensInfo="14mm f/2.8" -FocalLength="14mm" -if "not $lensmodel"
..which is how parameters are expected to be passed.

Anyway, it was an interesting finding.

Bogdan