Convert facetags from WLPG to Picasa

Started by raldo, August 27, 2012, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Misspelling in Phil's example, it's MyRegionMP, not MyRegionmMP.  (caps not required, I just copy/pasted from the config file to make sure it was correct)

exiftool -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" FILE
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Thanks StarGeek, that would do it.

If you are still having problems after fixing this typo, send me a sample image with Picasa face tags (philharvey66 at gmail.com) and I should be able to sort it out.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

SonnyJim66

Problem solved by the corrected Typo.

Many thanks.

Tom Cunningham

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 27, 2012, 09:03:35 AM
Attached is a config file that defines another tag to do the reverse conversion.  Here are the commands to use with this config file:

1) Convert from MP WLPG regions to MWG regions:

exiftool -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfo<myregion" FILE

2) Convert from MWG to WLPG regions:

exiftool -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<myregionmmp" FILE

Are these additive conversions, that is, if I convert MWG regions to WPG, will the MWG region data still be in the file?  I would like to have both types of face data in the file.  Or is that a bad idea?

Phil Harvey

These commands do not erase the other type of face data.  The only problem with having 2 different types is that you should remember to update the other type if you change one of them.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

raldo

Thanks for the info in this thread!

The newest releases now have the possibility of saving imported WLPG to Picasa's format in the file.

So my remaining task is now how to remove all WLP related stuff after the conversion to Picasa.

The command "exiftool.exe -RegionInfoMP= *.jpg" seems to to remove all the wlpg stuff. Am I correct?

Phil Harvey

prestonfaiks

Is there any way to leave a file alone if at already has data in the destination field?

For example, going from MWG to WLPG regions, if the WLPG regions already exist, skip the file.

Phil Harvey

Yes.  Add this to the command:  -if "not $regioninfomp" -struct

- Phil

zgregc

Hi Phil -

This works great, I have been trying to figure this out for months!

Is there a command to not create the _original version?  If I do a huge directory, the conversion creates 2x the number of photos.

Or a command to delete it after creation?

Thanks,
Greg

Phil Harvey

Hi Greg,

Add -overwrite_original to the command.

- Phil

lseara

Hi Phill,

When I use -r to process subdirectories, it returns the message.

"Warning: No writable tags set from xxx.jpg"

Do you know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Leonel

Phil Harvey

Hi Leonel,

You will get this message if none of the source tags exist in the image.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Hi Leonel,

I got your file, and it already contains MWG region information.  If you want to convert this to Microsoft Photo regions, this works for me (using the "config_files/convert_regions.config" file included in the full distribution):

> exiftool -config config_files/convert_regions.config "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" ist.JPG
    1 image files updated

- Phil

Newbie21

Quote from: Phil Harvey on November 09, 2014, 12:47:20 PM
Hi Leonel,

I got your file, and it already contains MWG region information.  If you want to convert this to Microsoft Photo regions, this works for me (using the "config_files/convert_regions.config" file included in the full distribution):

> exiftool -config config_files/convert_regions.config "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" ist.JPG
    1 image files updated

- Phil

Hello Phil,
the mail you got wasn't from Leonel but from me.
Sorry.

But your hint works for me (but the typo is still wrong in the file). I don't know why, because I used your script in this thread, but it works.

Thank U