Convert facetags from WLPG to Picasa

Started by raldo, August 27, 2012, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Couldn't the config file be merged into the standard config file?  Or just backup the standard config file and rename the convert regions file to the standard file temporarily? 

The first would be more permanent, but a bit more difficult for someone who hasn't edited config files.  The second would be quick and easy.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Ah.  Smart.  Rename the config file to .ExifTool_config and put it in the proper directory and it will be loaded automatically!  No -config option necessary.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Newsky

I try to add fulfillment of conversion into Ligntroom 6.1.1 with Jeffrey's "Run Any Command" Lightroom Export Plugin

and again a failure:

Quote"c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<myregionmmp" -overwrite_original -m "D:\My documents\Desktop\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg""

run-any-command#81 +4161.6: [221BC968] @InitPlugin line 1033: Running: "c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<myregionmmp" -overwrite_original -m "D:\My documents\Desktop\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg" 1> "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\LR-21" 2>&1"

run-any-command#81 +4161.9: [221BC968] @InitPlugin line 1037: STATUS is 0
Execute log:
--------------------------------------------------
> Warning: No writable tags set from D:/My documents/Desktop/2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg
>     0 image files updated
>     1 image files unchanged

I have a bug in the code or Ligntroom can not perform this task?
If there is no error in the code, then it may be worth asking Jeffrey?
Sorry for my english. I use Google translator

StarGeek

Quote from: Newsky on August 22, 2015, 03:42:02 AM
"c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<myregionmmp" -overwrite_original -m "D:\My documents\Desktop\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg""

Your tag name is incorrect.  Try "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP"
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Newsky

StarGeek, thank!I corrected the text, but did not help ...
Quote"c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" "M:\flickr\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg""

run-any-command#81 +425.3: [1B085BF8] @InitPlugin line 1033: Running: "c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" "M:\flickr\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg" 1> "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\LR-25" 2>&1"

run-any-command#81 +425.7: [1B085BF8] @InitPlugin line 1037: STATUS is 0
Execute log:
> Config file not found
> Warning: No writable tags set from M:/flickr/2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg
>     0 image files updated
>     1 image files unchanged
ExifTool_config_convert_regions lies near exiftool.exe

ryerman

Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Exiftool v12.61

Newsky

ryerman, unfortunately, I couldn't understand as syntax of a full way and as it is correct to write it looks. You couldn't help me with it?

Phil Harvey

Here is how to specify a path for the config file on the command line

c:\ExifToolGUI\exiftool.exe -config c:\ExifToolGUI\ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfomp<MyRegionMP" "M:\flickr\2014-12-29 11-43-11.jpg"

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Newsky

Thank you, Phil! Everything works fine! And now I know what it looks like the syntax for using the configuration file.

sgfrick

Hi, I have been using Windows Photo Gallery and facetagged thousands of photos.  I want to move everything to the new Google Photos service. I wasn't sure if using this method to make the facetags compatible with Picasa would work for Google Photos.  I am not very technical, but I downloaded exiftool and did use the cmd.exe to run the following command:

exiftool.exe -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfo<myregion" "foldername"

Using the config file found in this link: http://www.mysysadmintips.com/-downloads-/Windows/Home%20and%20Media/ExifTool_config_convert_regions

The command took quite a while and appeared to work with my 16K photos.  However, when I moved a sample of them over to Google Photos, I couldn't find any facetags.

I'm wondering if this method doesn't work for Google Photos? Or am I not doing it correctly (quite possible!)

I appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,
Sean

Phil Harvey

Hi Sean,

It is difficult for me to help here because I don't use Google face tags, but I suggest you run "exiftool -a -G1" on a file that contains proper face tags and compare this with one of your converted files to see if the face information is stored in the same location.

- Phil

sgfrick

Thank you for your response, Phil. To show my ignorance, I'm not sure how to run "exiftool -a -G1".  Would I type this in the CMD screen?  Would it be:

exiftool -a -G1 -config ExifTool_config_convert_regions "-regioninfo<myregion" "foldername"

I downloaded the Windows exiftool.  Would I need to download anything else to run this command?

Thank you again for your help.

Sean

Phil Harvey

Hi Sean,

Yes, you do type it in a cmd.exe window, but here is the command:

exiftool -a -G1 FILE

where FILE is the name of a file.

See if you can find the differences in the face information of this output between files which do and don't work with google.

- Phil

sgfrick

Thank you.  I gave it a try, but now that I look into it more, it looks like Google Photos doesn't allow any type of tagging (other than adding photos to an Album).  So while it has face recognition, and shows photos that it believes are of the same person, it doesn't allow you to assign a name to that person.  Maybe they'll improve the service later. For now I'll stick with Windows Photo Gallery.

EFortune

I have many tagged photos in WLG and am looking to bootstrap into Lightroom, so this script is a lifesaver.  Thank you!!

It's working perfectly for all of my landscape images, but the rectangles are all ending up in the wrong spot for all of the portrait images I've looked at.   Eyeballing it, it looks like the rectangles are rotated 180 degrees from the image.

Is my camera (7D Mk II) doing something odd? Is it possible that that the script needs to apply an additional transformation in my case for some reason?

I've attached the metadata from three versions of the image:
- "original" is the image with only the WPG data
- "script" is the result of processing with exiftool
- "lr" is the result of opening the "script" image with Lightroom and manually adjusting the rectangle to be in the right place.

Any tips appreciated.  My perl is rusty but I can take a swing at tweaking the script given a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks!