Info on VR status of NIKON lens not extracted

Started by Jodi, February 10, 2013, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jodi

Dear Phil

Many thanks for your very nice tool that I used for many years now !!!

... What I am missing is the status of the VR on my NIKON lens .. ON or OFF ... (Camera D800) ... it is not extracted BUT present in the photo ... somewhere ...  :o
... as the "ViewNX 2" soft of NIKON can extract the data ...

Would that be possible to add ?  ;)

Thanks in Advance,
Jodi

Phil Harvey

Hi Jodi,

Sure, I can add this if you can send me 8 sample images with the VR set to ON, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, OFF, OFF, ON.  Shoot the samples in that order, and set the camera to the smallest JPG possible (to keep the files small).  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Hi Jodi,

I got the samples, thanks.  The current version of exiftool already extracts the information you wanted:

> exiftool -ver
> exiftool -filename -vibrationreduction -T ~/Desktop/DS00*
DS00356429.JPG On
DS00356430.JPG On
DS00356431.JPG Off
DS00356432.JPG On
DS00356433.JPG Off
DS00356434.JPG Off
DS00356435.JPG Off
DS00356436.JPG On

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Jodi

Dear Phil

Thanks for the answer
I was looking for VR in my full EXIF report and found "VR Info Version : 0100" .... but overlooked the full name "Vibration Reduction" ... sorry for my mistake.

B.R.
Jodi