OT: Forum names

Started by terrypin, March 19, 2013, 08:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrypin

Hi Phil,

Maybe there's some obvious reason I've missed, but why are all the forums identically named ExifTool Forum?

I currently have three open in separate Firefox tabs, which I've renamed to ExifTool Forum, ExifTool Newbies Forum,  and ExifTool GUI Forum respectively. But they would be much more quickly identified if their actual bold tiltles were different.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Phil Harvey

Hi Terry,

I don't understand.  When I open, for example, the "Newbies" board in a new FireFox tab, the tab label says "Newbies".  Isn't this what you want?  I'm running Firefox 19.0.2 for Mac.  Safari 6.0.2 has the same behaviour.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

terrypin

Hi Phil,

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It's just a minor suggestion to make it immediately obvious which of several forums is open!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Phil Harvey

Hi Terry,

Ah, OK.  Yes, the Forum name is the most prominent heading in the window.  This is, after all, the ExifTool forum, although it is organized into a number of separate boards.  I don't have control over this heading since it is generated by the forum software that I am using (SMF).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).