Use of -coordFormat when using stay_open does not work properly

Started by TSM, November 12, 2013, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSM

Ive been trying to issue --coordFormat when using stay open but it will not return correct data after the first -execute run.

1. Returns data with normal GPS coords

exiftool -use MWG -stay_open True -@ -

-g
-j
/tmp/test.jpeg
-execute

2. Works for first iteration but subsequent iterations the GPS data goes back to as if the -coordFormat command was not there

exiftool -use MWG -coordFormat %.6f -stay_open True -@ -

-g
-j
/tmp/test.jpeg
-execute

3. Does not work at all, nothing is returned.

exiftool -use MWG -stay_open True -@ -

-coordFormat %.6f
-g
-j
/tmp/test.jpeg
-execute

Phil Harvey

This is the most common problem people have with the argfile, and is explained in the application documentation:

Read command-line arguments from the specified file.  The file
            contains one argument per line (NOT one option per line -- some
            options require additional arguments, and all arguments must be
            placed on separate lines).  Blank lines and lines beginning with

- Phil

P.S. That's -coordFormat, not --coordFormat as in your first sentence, but I see you have it right elsewhere.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

TSM

darn keeps catching me out, keep forgetting that stay_open is less of a function but more of putting the script into a loop and blocking when waiting for args, now i figure out why any additional args provided before the -stay_open will only be run once

Phil Harvey

Quote from: TSM on November 12, 2013, 01:26:34 PM
stay_open is less of a function but more of putting the script into a loop and blocking when waiting for args

Exactly.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).