Writing to a custom XMP tag of type array

Started by StripyDonkey, August 11, 2014, 05:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StripyDonkey

Hi,

I'm trying to write to a number of custom XMP tags. After a lot of playing/testing with reference to these forums, I've managed to get some of the tags written correctly.  The ones that work are defined as being of data type "text" in the XML tag definitions file (GroupSize and SurveySite). The ones that don't work are defined as data type "unordered_array". I'm guessing that I need a different format for these tags (e.g. Species) in my .ExifTool_config file (attached below), but I fear my Perl isn't up to it, and the few examples of custom structures have just served to confuse me further.

I can provide an example jpeg file if that would help, or anything else that you like.

Any help will be very gratefully received.

Rob

Phil Harvey

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I've been on vacation.

You don't need to use structures for unordered arrays.  Just add List => 'Bag', to the definition for an unordered array, as with the NewXMPxxxTag3 in the sample config file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).