Problem to change ImageUniqueID

Started by masterix, April 17, 2015, 09:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterix

Hi everyone, i have to change this tag: ImageUniqueID. But i have a problem: when i change the tag, the process change me also the line. I don't know if you understand me, i try to explain:
before, the original photo has the tag IUID  after line "faces detected" e before the line "user comment", after the modification i find the IUID after the line "Scene Capture Type" and before the line "Compression".
I use this to change it:
exiftool -EasyMode=Indoor -FileNumber=100-005 -CameraTemperature="20 C" -Categories="Events" -ImageUniqueID=xxxxxxxxxxxxx -filename=5.jpg -XMPToolkit= 7.jpg
what have i do?
thank you

Phil Harvey

If you are writing XMP, then ExifTool will sort the XMP tags into alphabetical order when writing.  You can't avoid this.

EXIF tags should always be sorted numerically by tag ID, and ExifTool will warn if they weren't.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

masterix

Thank you for the answer, i think that i have solved the problem. I have added the string -MakerNotes:ImageUniqueID=...., in the new file i have the line in the right place!

exiftool -EasyMode=Indoor -FileNumber=100-005 -CameraTemperature="20 C" -Categories="Events" -MakerNotes:ImageUniqueID=xxxxxxxxxxxxx -filename=5.jpg -XMPToolkit= 7.jpg