New content ID needed for ExifTool

Started by Ricoh1, October 21, 2015, 02:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricoh1

Hi Phil,
I work for Ricoh (our Optical Solutions Group supporting our Solutions Cameras) and would like your help in resolving a problem some of our customers are experiencing.  These customers, using ExifTool, are extracting memo data from images our G800SE captures.  Using ExifTool on our previous camera (G700SE) works fine since ExifTool identifies that camera with an ID value of '02', however, our new camera , G800SE, has an ID value of '12' and this creates a problem when parsing the data since there's a different value in place.  Is it possible to modify ExifTool to support both cameras (with ID's of '02' and '12')?  This would help our customers tremendously.

Regards,

Rudy Christian

Ricoh1

Phil,
I've attached a doc showing the comparison.

Phil Harvey

Hi Rudy,

Could you email me a sample image with some metadata that ExifTool doesn't extract?  Then I'll see what I can do to add support.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com.

Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).