ExifTool and GUI in W10 Pro / 64

Started by Walter_Switzerland, December 13, 2015, 04:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter_Switzerland

I have used ExifTool in W7 (and earlier in XP) sucessfully. Then upgraded to W10, and it did work. This morning suddenly, GUI Closes with an error and I cannot restart successfully. I always the error: ExifTool not found. I have tried a lot: exiftool.exe in the Windows Directory C:\Windows, in the same Directory as the GUI, it does not fly. I have also tried to run as Administrator, what can I try next ? Thanks ,Walter

Phil Harvey

Hi Walter,

There have been other reports of similar problems under Windows 10 with no clear solution.  It may help if you update your Windows 10 with the latest fixes.  I don't have access to Windows 10 myself, so I can't help with this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Walter_Switzerland

I have a working installation with GUI 5.14 on my business notebook (also W10). I have copied the entire subdirectory and pasted it like that into my home computer - and - super - it works. I do not really want to find out why, I am just happy. The exiftool.exe is NOT in the windows directory, it is all together ... Walter

jalex

hello,
I installed on a PC windows 10 64 bits.
in the same repertory :
- exiftoolguy 5.16
- exiftool.exe 10.10
- Perl 5.220.1

when I am strating exiftoolguy  /Message/ ERROR exiftool not found Metadata operations disabled. ok

click on ok / display interface of exiftoolgui / display Directory
But nothing else.

Where is the problem ?

Thank you Greetings
and my excuses for my bad english

jalex

Hello,
Where is the problem ?

Deleted le _ .exe de exiftool ( ne rien mettre / put nothing)

and it works

i am the best , i read the user manual  ::)

alanmcd

Do you mean to delete exiftool(k).exe? If so, where does it say that in the manual?
Alan