Removing all photoshop signs/tags

Started by kingstyle, January 24, 2016, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingstyle

Am editing an image, after that i remove all tags with ExifToolGUI, but after that when i check the image with JPEGsnoop, it shows me that this image is saved with photoshop and a quality.
Is there way to remove all the photoshop tags? or edit it ?

I want to edit a picture with photoshop, after saving with photoshop to jpg, i want to clean all tags and copy from the first image all tags. Is there better way?? But the JPGsnoop still can detect that that file have saved with photoshop. I only need to change the name "photoshop" or remove it.

StarGeek

Quote from: kingstyle on January 24, 2016, 05:28:48 PM
Am editing an image, after that i remove all tags with ExifToolGUI, but after that when i check the image with JPEGsnoop, it shows me that this image is saved with photoshop and a quality.
But the JPGsnoop still can detect that that file have saved with photoshop.

That's because that is what JpegSnoop does.  It has a database of compression signatures and compares the details of how the jpeg was compressed to that database to determine what program saved it.  It will use any metadata in the file to help out with this process, but it doesn't always need the metadata.

For example, I took this picture (gotta give credit to the photographer), stripped it of all metadata (my command was exiftool -all:all= -adobe:all= FILE), uploaded it to Imgur.com (which also strips all metadata) and after I redownloaded it, JpegSnoop could still detect the save quality:
Searching Compression Signatures: (3327 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software        EXIF.Model                            Quality           Subsamp Match?
          -------------------------   -----------------------------------   ----------------  --------------
     SW :[Adobe Photoshop          ]                                       [Save As 12      ]                 

Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited

The simple fact is, you're not going to be able to fool JpegSnoop by playing with the metadata, because JpegSnoop isn't depending exclusively on the metadata to determine which program saved the image.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).