Windows file properties / ACDSee mismatch

Started by DomdiBen, December 23, 2016, 12:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomdiBen

Hi,

I'm using this command line to insert several metadatas :

chcp 65001
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Exiftool"
exiftool -r -IPTC:CodedCharacterSet="UTF8" -exif:make="make" -exif:model="model" -exif:software="software" -Exif:Xresolution="300" -Exif:Yresolution="300" -Exif:resolutionunit="inches" -exif:colorspace="sRGB" "-exif:imagedescription<BaseName" "-exif:ModifyDate<Exif:DateTimeOriginal" -Exif:Xresolution="300" -Exif:Yresolution="300" -Exif:resolutionunit="inches" -iptc:CopyrightNotice="©" -iptc:By-line="by-line" -iptc:Source="Source" -iptc:Credit="Credit" -iptc:ObjectName="ObjectName" -iptc:Headline="Headline" -iptc:Caption-Abstract="Caption-Abstract" -L "path\*" -r -overwrite_original

Every IPTC field is correctly filled when i'm checking with ACDSee.
But the Windows Explorer "Details" of the file show a "Main frame" (probably from the scanner I'm using) on the Title field, and Subject is left blank.
I thought the Title field would be the same as my ObjectName tag, and the Subject field would be the same as my Caption-Abstract.

Is there something wrong with my command, or am I filling the wrong fields ?

Thanks in advance

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

DomdiBen