Nikon LensData

Started by F14Claude, March 10, 2017, 11:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F14Claude

Page http://www.exiftool.org/TagNames/Nikon.htm.
In spite of the comments on Nef LensData I find that version 0203 (from a D300) is 19 byte long and not 20 which is true for version 0204 (from a D610).

Phil Harvey

I don't understand.  LensData version 0203 is 32 bytes long in my samples.  I don't know what comments you are talking about.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

F14Claude

It is said that LensData01 is 19 bytes long and LensData204 is 20 which I agree with. But LensData from my D300 has version 0203 and is in LensData01 format.
I imagine the changing point in LensData length is 0204 and not 0201 as said on the mentioned page.

Phil Harvey

If you are looking at the HTML tag name documentation, this isn't the length of the data -- it is just what has been decoded so far.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).