modify nef file with exiftool,is possible?

Started by Martino Papesso, June 30, 2017, 03:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martino Papesso

Can I modify a nef file (RAW) with Exiftool on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?
How?
Is available pictures or one video?
I  wish modify F 8 into F 11.
Many thanks in advance.
Martino.

Phil Harvey

Hi Martino,

Sure.  The command to do this is:

exiftool -fnumber=11 some_file.nef

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Martino Papesso

thanks Phil :)
I wish to modify this nef : C:\Users\Martino\Pictures\2017\2017-06-25\_DSC5541.NEF
Could you tell me the exact procedure , please?
Many thanks.

StarGeek

exiftool -fnumber=11 C:\Users\Martino\Pictures\2017\2017-06-25\_DSC5541.NEF
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Martino Papesso

Many thanks StarGeek but not work :

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Martino Papesso

----Did you follow steps 1-4 in the installation instructions for Windows?----
I think yes.
My exiftool is in  "C:\WINDOWS"
check this image :

Martino Papesso

my installation of exiftool is correct or not?

StarGeek

Try removing and then reinstalling exiftool, same link as above.

To quickly find your Temp dir, click the Windows start button and type %Temp% and that should open up the folder.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

It is likely that somehow exiftool was corrupted somehow.  If that was the case then StarGeek's suggestion should fix it.

- Phil

Martino Papesso

please , info for uninstall exif tool stand alone version.
Delete all directory , etc etc.
Thanks.

Phil Harvey

The instructions are on the install page I linked above.  And StarGeek has given you some help about how to find the temp directory.

- Phil