Adding randomized EXIF data to jpeg files (small BTC bounty for solved case)

Started by Altone, June 06, 2018, 09:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altone

Good day!

I am new to Exiftool and to the forum. Would really appreciate some help with the following. Whoever solves the issue for me will get a 10 euro BTC donation (not much but just as a gesture of appreciation).

Problem:

I have many edited jpeg files where I want to delete all exif data from and to make those pictures look like they have not been edited and are fresh photos taken from a camera. Can exiftool help me with this? Can exiftool add random valid exif data to my pictures? I basically want every picture to be unique to all the other pictures.

The problem is also that whenever I upload my image to http://www.izitru.com/ for testing, it comes up as "probably edited". How do I get the green light there?

Really hope someone can help me out.

Many thanks.

Altone

Phil Harvey

Hi Altone,

Can you just clear all metadata then copy it from the original image?:

exiftool -all= -tagsfromfile ORIGINAL -all:all -unsafe FILE

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Quote from: Altone on June 06, 2018, 09:30:06 AMHow do I get the green light there

To be honest, you probably can't with just editing the metadata.  The site is probably also looking at the way the image data is encoded.  The way the image data is encoded has a distinct fingerprint which is why some programs such as Jpeg Snoop are able to make guesses as to what program saved the jpg.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

@StarGeek:  Good point.

Use this command to get some insight into this:

exiftool -jpegdigest FILE

For example:

> exiftool -jpegdigest CanonEOS40D.jpg
JPEG Digest                     : Canon EOS 1DmkIII/5DmkII/40D/1000D, Fine
> exiftool -jpegdigest edited.jpg
JPEG Digest                     : Adobe Photoshop, Save for web, Quality 10

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).