.mp4 files - tag "UserData_enc"

Started by Juggernaut, June 11, 2018, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggernaut

I've recorded a simple video .mp4 file using Bandicam.
After that - tried to remove all removable tags with -all= command.
But nothing happened.
OK, I looked at it, and found for example tag UserData_enc with info about Bandicam.

AudioSampleRate               : 48000
UserData_enc                    : Bandicam 4.1.4.1412 / GDI / Nvidia NVENC
AvgBitrate                         : 220 kbps
ImageSize                         : 496x408
Megapixels                        : 0.202
Rotation                            : 0

Tried to force remove it and got this:

exiftool video.mp4 -UserData_enc=
Warning: Tag 'UserData_enc' is not defined
Nothing to do.

Why is that? Why is it "not defined" for ExifTool ?

Phil Harvey

From the QuickTime tags documentation:

ExifTool currently has a very limited ability to write metadata in QuickTime-format videos. It can edit/create/delete any XMP tags, but may only be used to edit certain date/time tags and the video orientation in native QuickTime metadata.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

You might try Ffmpeg.  See this SuperUser answer for a example command line.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Juggernaut

Quote from: StarGeek on June 11, 2018, 02:44:48 PM
You might try Ffmpeg.  See this SuperUser answer for a example command line.

Wow, huge thanks! It does a great job!

BTW do you know what does -1 mean in ...

ffmpeg -i in.mov -map_metadata -1 -c:v copy -c:a copy out.mov

?

There is not a word in documentation or on the web about pair -map_metadata -1 and what does -1 in this case means.
Why people so lazy..... Everyone writes this "remove all" command, but no one can explain it letter by letter, digit by digit.

StarGeek

Ffmpeg docs are so convoluted and that's one of the main reasons I often don't deal with it if I can't find a previously listed command.  But on this occasion I did find an answer (I think).  Under 5.11 Advanced options, section on -map_metadata, there is the line:
QuoteA negative file index can be used to create a dummy mapping that just disables automatic copying.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

I'm in the process of thinking about an upgrade to the MP4/MOV writing capabilities.

It would be useful if you could post the output of exiftool -v3 for any "UserData_xxx" tags that you find so I can add support for these.

Thanks.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Juggernaut

Quote from: StarGeek on June 11, 2018, 09:16:54 PM
Ffmpeg docs are so convoluted and that's one of the main reasons I often don't deal with it if I can't find a previously listed command.  But on this occasion I did find an answer (I think).  Under 5.11 Advanced options, section on -map_metadata, there is the line:
QuoteA negative file index can be used to create a dummy mapping that just disables automatic copying.

Yeah, I think it is for disabling auto-copy. Thanks.

Quote from: Phil Harvey on June 12, 2018, 07:22:08 AM
I'm in the process of thinking about an upgrade to the MP4/MOV writing capabilities.

It would be useful if you could post the output of exiftool -v3 for any "UserData_xxx" tags that you find so I can add support for these.

Thanks.

- Phil

Thanks for improving ExifTool!

I've attached a .txt file

Take a look at it. Is that what you need?

Phil Harvey

That's great, thanks.  "UserData_enc" will be extracted as "EncoderID" in the next release.

- Phil