Installing on RHEL

Started by RZTitus, February 28, 2019, 03:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RZTitus

I was trying to install ExifTool onto RHEL. I was running into an issue running "perl Makefile.pl". I was getting the following error:

Can't locate ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at Makefile.PL line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 1.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, exiftool does work when I run it from the downloaded package.

I tried to find the perl5 folder but I only found perl5.16.3 and perl folders within /usr/bin/

-Rohit

Phil Harvey

Hi Rohit,

It seems that you don't have the Perl MakeMaker module for some reason.

On Redhat, it may be easiest to do "yum install perl-Image-ExifTool", but that will probably get you a slightly older version.

Or you can install MakeMaker first (maybe with "yum install perl-MakeMaker"?)

- Phil

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RZTitus

Hi Phil,

That makes sense, I'm a bit new to RedHat. I'm still trying to figure out how to install these packages.

I was digging into this more, I couldn't find most of the packages I needed cause I had to enable the EPEL repository.

After I enabled EPEL, yum install perl-Image-ExifTool worked. Also, the perl MakeMaker got installed through "yum install perl-CPAN".

Thanks a lot for your help!
Rohit