Main Menu

Newbie problem

Started by wynford, October 02, 2022, 10:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynford

I am having problems with the GoogleMap... I enter an address and nothing shows up... except for a script error popup message... I searched the forum and none of the suggestions seem to work... what can I do.

Phil Harvey

What application is this?  ExifToolGUI?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

wynford

Guess I should have said... yes  ExifToolGUI

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

wynford

no longer supported, guess i'll just have to keep trying other apps, as i don't like commandline

thanks anyways

StarGeek

A couple alternatives you might look at are hvdwolf jExifToolGUI and GeoTagNinja.  Both use exiftool on the back end.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

wynford

I got the zip file for hvdwolf jExifToolGUI, but couldn't find one for GeoTagNinja...

wynford

I tried installing the hvdwolf jExifToolGUI, but it requires the included java jre... how the heckdo you install that?  There's no install or setup executable!

StarGeek

Download the Windows version that includes jre, not the Universal Jar.
Direct link to jExifToolGUI-2.0.1.0-win-x86_64_with-jre.zip.

You still have to make sure it can find exiftool and make sure exiftool has been renamed.

Github can be confusing if you haven't dealt with trying to find the binaries.  On the right side, there's a link call "Releases"
Direct link to GeoTagNinja_Setup.msi
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

wynford

Thanks, i figured out the jExifToolGUI, i'll check out GeoTagNinja