fix_corrupted_nef.pl : support for DX Images May Be Added if there is a demand

Started by PascalPradier, October 02, 2014, 04:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PascalPradier

hello,
I call Pascal and I lost over 3500 images with the TransfertNX software. The image format is lossless compressed RAW with a Nikon D4 12bits.
I got about 2900 pictures in FX format with your fix_corrupted_nef.pl process and I thank you infinitely. I read that "support for DX Images May Be Added if there is a demand." I made ​​you officialy request to retrieve the 600 remaining.

Thank you for your help and your work.

Phil Harvey

Sure.  I can add support for the DX format if you send me a set of 12 test images.  One each corrupted and uncorrupted at each of the compression settings (uncompressed, lossless compressed and compressed) for 12 and 14 bit.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com .  I'm away this week, so the turn around at my end won't be quite as quick as usual.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

PascalPradier

Thank Phil

I send you today a set of 12 wrong pictures and another one with goods pictures

Phil Harvey

Great.  I'll post back here after I've had a chance to look at them (next week sometime).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I just took a look for them in my mail, but didn't see them.  I don't think they made it through.  Did you mail them directly?  If so, maybe try uploading them and just sending me a link.

- Phil

PascalPradier

Hey Phil,

My D4 is now being repaired at Nikon.
I can not you create the 12-bit DX format without transfer error.
I should wait for my D4 is back. I'll see if I can speed up things at Nikon.

I can just send you the pictures in DX format error

Phil Harvey

Hi Pascal,

I may be able to figure things out with just the corrupted images, but I can't find them in my mail.  (philharvey66 at gmail.com)  Perhaps try sending them a different way.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

PascalPradier

Thank you Phil, I try now and I will send you my answer about your évolution

PascalPradier

I have try but without success. I send you by email my corrupt pictures!

PascalPradier

I have try only on my Windows computer this morning from my job. I will try tonight with my Mac from my home.
I have send you a set of 12 pictures at your email adress

PascalPradier

error Message is:

Error : This crop size is not yet supported for the D4 - <file adress>

Phil Harvey

Hi Pascal,

I got the images this time, thanks.  It looks like my guess was wrong.  I'll come out with a new version of the utility as soon as I can.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Hi Pascal,

I've taken a look at the images.  I still need some uncorrupted D4 DX samples to be able to implement this.  Four images should do it:  two uncompressed (one 12 bit and one 14 bit), and two compressed (one lossless 12 bit, and one lossy 14 bit).

Thanks.

- Phil

PascalPradier

I'll try to send one of each pictures uncompress for 12 and 14 bits formats. But for the compress format you will have wait because my camera is in the nikon shop for doing  repaired.