Samples to follow

Phil Harvey

Quote from: greybeard on October 24, 2018, 03:48:10 AM
0x1446 Flicker Reduction

Great, thanks!

Here is what I did for this one:

> exiftool ~/Desktop/XT* -flickerreduction
======== /Users/phil/Desktop/XT3_Flicker3.JPG
Flicker Reduction               : Off (0x0010)
======== /Users/phil/Desktop/XT3_Flicker4.JPG
Flicker Reduction               : On (0x3110)
    2 image files read
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Going back to the AFArea stuff... I have some samples with Single Point AF, but the area size is zero.  I was thinking of re-doing the decoding to show "n/a" for a zero point size, but is zero actually significant for Single Point mode.  This is what I have after changing it (I also changed "AFMode2" to "AFAreaMode"):

======== ../testpics/FujiFilm/X-T3/DRng3.JPG
AF Area Mode                    : Zone
AF Area Point Size              : n/a
AF Area Zone Size               : 3 x 3
======== ../pics/FujiFilmX-T3.jpg
AF Area Mode                    : Single Point
AF Area Point Size              : n/a
AF Area Zone Size               : n/a

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

Did the example XT3 file with Single Point but no size come from me? I haven't seen any X-T3 file for Single Point or Zone without size.

I wouldn't show the tag with "n/a" - I probably wouldn't show it at all in the same way that other tags that don't exist in the EXIF aren't shown by Exiftool.

Other earlier cameras (such as the X-T2) may show Single Point or Zone from the tag but won't have size in either case.

greybeard

0x1401 FilmMode

Additional Film Simulation 0x700 Eterna/Cinema

Example email sent

greybeard

0x1048 ColorChromeEffect

X-T3 specific

0 = Off
32 = Weak
64 = Strong

Example jpeg in email

greybeard

0x1047 Grain Effect

At least since the X-T2, X-Pro2 and X-H1

0 = Off
32 = Weak
64 = Strong

Example jpeg in email

greybeard

0x1045 Lens Modulation Optimizer

Applies to most recent Fuji cameras X-Tx, X-Ex, X-Hx and GFX

0 = Off
1 = On

All the examples sent to date have Lens Modulation Optimizer set to On

Phil Harvey

Quote from: greybeard on October 24, 2018, 08:45:56 AM
Did the example XT3 file with Single Point but no size come from me?

No.

QuoteI wouldn't show the tag with "n/a" - I probably wouldn't show it at all in the same way that other tags that don't exist in the EXIF aren't shown by Exiftool.

But the value does exist (it is zero).  So it is different than tags that don't exist.  The value in showing "n/a" is that the value will be set properly when copying all tags.

- Phil

greybeard

QuoteBut the value does exist (it is zero).  So it is different than tags that don't exist.  The value in showing "n/a" is that the value will be set properly when copying all tags.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works - I thought you were converting a single tag into three "virtual" tags?

I couldn't find an existing example under the FujiFilm Makernotes where a single tag created multiple results.

Phil Harvey

Quote from: greybeard on October 24, 2018, 10:27:43 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works - I thought you were converting a single tag into three "virtual" tags?

I'm decoding this as a binary data block.  NikonCustom.pm has many examples of similar decoding.

I'd send you my working copy of FujiFilm.pm, but I'm currently in the process of changing the way this decoding is done.

- Phil

Phil Harvey

greybeard

OK good - the only one I still have outstanding is Long Exposure Noise Reduction which I'm still trying to decode consistently.

Richard_Butler

Sorry I took my eye of this for a day. The AF-C customization stuff looks great (unless anyone is begging to know which preset was used).

It's amazing to see so all the contributions coming in here.

Let me know if you want me to check whether the GFX 50S and R use the same values for Color Chrome Effect (or send you JPEGs).

R

Phil Harvey

Quote from: Richard_Butler on October 24, 2018, 03:12:38 PM
Let me know if you want me to check whether the GFX 50S and R use the same values for Color Chrome Effect (or send you JPEGs).

I don't see a need to check this unless you have some reason to suspect it may be different than the X-T3.  But I will probably be releasing the new version tomorrow -- please let me know if you find anything that should be changed or added.

- Phil