Fujifilm 0x102e field (C-AF settings)

Started by Richard_Butler, October 22, 2018, 06:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_Butler

Hi

A bit of trial-and-error trying to check my AF settings led me to the following finding (sorry if the explanation is clumsy: I don't have a coding background).

The field called "Fuji Film 0x102e" by EXIFTool stores the 'AF-C Custom Settings' values

On the camera there are three parameters that make up custom settings:
Tracking Sensitivity (values 0-4)
Speed Tracking Sensitivity (values 0-2)
Zone Area Switching (Center, Auto, Front)

These are stored as the sum of:
Zone Area Switching (Center=512, Auto=256, Front=0)
Speed Tracking sensitivity (0=0, 1=16, 2=32)
Tracking sensitivity (0=0, 1=1, 2=2, 3=3, 4=4)

So a value of 548 = 512 (ZAS=Center) + 32 (STS=2) + 4 (TS=4)

So the output would ideally be: 4,2,Center

Alternatively, there are in-camera presets based on these values, so you could also report:
258 = Set1 (2,0,Auto)
515 = Set2 (3,0,Center)
290 = Set3 (2,2,Auto)
016 = Set4 (0,1,Front)
291 = Set5 (3,2,Auto)
All other values could simple state 'Set6', since this is the user-adjustable custom preset, if you didn't want to specify the exact parameters.

Does that make sense?

Richard

Phil Harvey

Hi Richard,

This looks great, thanks!  I'll implement this when I get a chance tomorrow and post back here if I have any questions.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

greybeard

There are a lot of additions/changes to the Fuji Makernotes from recent cameras - especially the X-T3.

Examples are: Drive Mode/Frame rate, B&W Adjustment, AF Custom Settings, Sports Finder Mode, Pre Shot, Flicker Reduction, D Range Priority, Focus Mode (size), Focus Priority

(and an addition to the Shutter Type).

Is the best way of getting ExifTool updated to add them here as they are found?

Some of them (such as D Range Priority and File Simulation) are really a combination of multiple tags - do you normally handle them as composites (or just leave the individual tags)

Phil Harvey

If they are different settings I like to split them out into separate tags, which is what I will try to do for 0x102e.

Feel free to post any new Fuji discoveries in this forum.  It is easiest for me if you create a new topic and add all of your discoveries under the same topic.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

Richard,

I have implemented 0x102e.  How does this look?:

> exiftool ../pics/FujiFilmGFX50R.jpg "-af-c*"
AF-C Tracking Sensitivity       : 2
AF-C Speed Tracking Sensitivity : 0
AF-C Zone Area Switching        : Auto

- Phil

greybeard

0x1050 ShutterType

There is an addition option with value 2 - this is Electronic Shutter

It is assigned when Long Exposure Noise Reduction would have been activated (but wasn't because LENR does not apply to the Electronic Shutter)

Phil Harvey

Thanks Greybeard.  A value of 1 is "Electronic", so how about if I call 2 "Electronic (long-exposure noise reduction unavailable)" or "Electronic (long-exposure NR selected but unavailable)"?

- Phil

greybeard

A bit wordier than I would have used - but accurate

greybeard

0X1049 B&W Adjustment

9 => '+9 (warmest)',
            8 => '+8 (warm)',
            7 => '+7 (warm)',
            6 => '+6 (warm)',
            5 => '+5 (warm)',
            4 => '+4 (warm)',
            3 => '+3 (warm)',
            2 => '+2 (warm)',
            1 => '+1 (warm)',
            0 => '(unchanged)',
            255 => '-1 (cool)',
            254 => '-2 (cool)',
            253 => '-3 (cool)',
            252 => '-4 (cool)',
            251 => '-5 (cool)',
            250 => '-6 (cool)',
            249 => '-7 (cool)',
            248 => '-8 (cool)',
            247 => '-9 (coolest)',

Phil Harvey

Quote from: greybeard on October 23, 2018, 10:10:56 AM
A bit wordier than I would have used - but accurate

I don't like the wordiness myself.  Can you suggest a shorter alternative?

- Phil

Phil Harvey

Quote from: greybeard on October 23, 2018, 10:11:17 AM
0X1049 B&W Adjustment

I don't have any samples with this metadata.  What model is this?  Can you email me a sample (philharvey66 at gmail.com)?  Thanks.

- Phil

greybeard

Yes - sorry - all the examples I have will come from the recently released X-T3.

Some are additions that arrived with the X-T3 but others also apply to other recent Fuji cameras such as the X-T2.

For example the AFC Custom Modes were used in other cameras but B&W Adjustment is X-T3 specific (and probably future cameras).

Would you prefer that I email other examples or would it be better to continue documenting them here?

Phil Harvey

For now, continue documenting them here.  I'll let you know if I need more samples.  I have a X-T3 sample, but it doesn't contain tag 0x1049, so if you could email me one of those it would be good.  Thanks.

- Phil

Edit: I got the X-T3 sample with tag 0x1049 - Thanks!

greybeard

On its way - you will only see the 0x1049 tag for B&W Film Simulations

greybeard

AutoBracketing 0x1100

For the X-T3 these are the correct values:

0 => 'Off',
            1 => 'On',
            2 => 'Pre-Shot',

Pre-Shot is a new function for the X-T3 and only applies with shutter type of Electronic Shutter and Continuous High drive mode